More Than 40 Years Of Litigation Experience On Your Side
An investigation by the SEC or DOJ or any other entity is typically backed by massive resources. Experience is an equally powerful resource. Daniel Hurson is a former SEC enforcement lawyer and federal prosecutor with more than 40 years of experience. At Dan Hurson can represent your best interests to the fullest extent. Dan Hurson is generally free of the conflicts many large firm lawyers have and is able to fashion lower-priced fee arrangements or lower retainers than a large firm.
Nationwide Securities Fraud Defense Attorney And Litigator
There are few areas of law where our capabilities and experience are exemplary, including the following:
- Securities enforcement defense
- SEC whistleblower protection
- Internal investigations and corporate monitoring
- Audit committee or special committee counsel
- General civil business litigation
AV* Rated Attorney
At our law firm, you can expect direct contact with our AV* rated attorney, Daniel Hurson, in all matters related to your case. Please contact our law office for help with any of the following types of issues:
- Department of Justice (DOJ) investigations — Dan represents individuals and businesses under investigation as targets, those asked to appear before a grand jury or those requested to provide an "informal interview" with DOJ agents such as the FBI.
- Officer, director, manager and employee defense — Company counsel, even one who is well-known to and otherwise friendly to the employee, represents the company, not the employee. Dan Hurson represents individuals in corporate internal investigations and U.S. government (SEC, DOJ, FINRA) investigations.
- SEC and FINRA investigations — We represent individuals and businesses under FINRA or SEC investigation or simply sought as witnesses in all forms of securities-related investigation undertaken by these agencies or NGOs, and their state counterparts. Clients are typically those who have been asked to appear before the agency to give formal testimony grand jury or those requested to provide an "informal interview" with an SEC or FINRA investigator or lawyer. Sometimes we represent corporate officers, managers, or employees who have been asked to give information to internal company investigators.
- Whistleblowers — A rapidly growing part of my practice is representing whistleblowers who desire to report securities law violations to the SEC in the hope of receiving a substantial award under the provisions of the Dodd-Frank Act. These cases are complicated, and a whistleblower needs a lawyer to navigate through the complex rules the SEC has established. Dan represents whistleblowers who wish to remain anonymous. He works on a contingent fee basis so there is no cost to the whistleblower. As a former SEC lawyer himself, Dan Hurson knows these laws and the rules governing whistleblowers. He is one of the few individual lawyers cited by name numerous times by the SEC itself in its final report on the Whistleblower Rule.
Direct Contact With Your Attorney
If you select our law firm you will get the lawyer you have chosen for all aspects of your defense. Call 202-530-1230 to discuss your case, or send our law firm an email to schedule an appointment.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.